To properly recover a Revit file you will need to do the following:
- Copy the backup folder to a location without the central file (this step is critical to prevent the corruption in the project from stopping the recovery).
- Start Revit
the software>from the ribbon go to the Collaborate tab>then to
- Navigate to where the central file is stored. You will see a folder with the central files name_backup.
- Since you copied the Revit Project Backup Folder,(Revit can't find the .rvt file) so you will see:
will now get a list of times when the backup was saved periodically
throughout the day. Something similar to this: (mine shows only one since I only made one version for this example). Try the most recent so you will have your most recent work!!
- Click Save As and navigate to a location to save the recovered file.
- After saving, Revit will ask you:
HECK YEAH, I wanna open it!! (click Yes)
- Verify you are able to open it successfully. If you are not you may need to go through steps 1-7 to find an older save backup file.