- Open a view in which the sun could 'possibly be seen (ie. 3D View, Elevation view)
- Graphic Display Options - Lighting - Single Day
- Graphic Display Options - Background - Sky
- Your view needs to actually be able to see the sun (see steps below) ... and it should be there.
Shadows do not need to be turned on.
If you want to quickly move the sun around WITHOUT having to use the graphic sun path:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 above
- Graphic Display Options - Lighting, Tick the 'sunrise to sunset' button
- Turn Shadows On
- Click the Sun icon, then Preview Solar Study should be available
- This will reveal a little 'player' in the Options bar
- Click the Next Frame, Previous Frame buttons until you see the sun